testata Forum Natura Mediterraneo
Forum | Registrati | Msg attivi | Msg Recenti | Msg Pvt | Utenti | Galleria | Map | Gadgets | Cerca | | FAQ | Regole |NUOVA Tassonomia | Pagina Facebook di Natura Mediterraneo | Google+
Suggerimento: L'iscrizione al nostro Forum è gratuita e permette di accedere a tutte le discussioni.
Cerca
Salva
Password dimenticata

Galleria Tassonomica
 di Natura Mediterraneo

Tutti i Forum
 Forum Animali - Natura Mediterraneo
   ACARI, SCORPIONI E RAGNI
 Araneae
 Araneae d'Israele (Thomisus onustus)
 Nuova Discussione
 Versione Stampabile my nm Leggi più tardi
I seguenti utenti stanno leggendo questo Forum Qui c'è:
Autore Discussione Precedente Discussione Discussione Successiva  

Amir
Utente Senior

Città: Tel-Aviv

Regione: Israel

785 Messaggi
Tutti i Forum

Inserito il - 05 febbraio 2008 : 21:12:33 Mostra Profilo  Apri la Finestra di Tassonomia

Crab spiders are very interesting. Not only because what we see but special for what we can't see.

Some of the crab spiders are known for the ability to adapt there color to the surrounding. The colors of the Thomisus sp spiders vary between yellow, white and pink.

Although I usually found them on Yellow, White or Purple flowers they can found also on Red flowers or Green parts of the plants. Any way, this camouflage strategic is mainly not for the pray since many insects and specially bees not see the same color spectrum as us or potential predators like birds

A few studies from Australia and EU show that Thomisus sp reflect UV light and bees more attracts to flowers with spiders then same flowers without.

Follow 2 links discus this issue and there is more in the web
Link
Link

Follow some Thomisus onustus photos from the last weekend related to this interesting subject

White spider on red Anemone coronaria
The Spider lying in classic ambush position for prey
It's also less visible even his color is very contrast to the red of the flower

Immagine:
Araneae d''Israele (Thomisus onustus)
276,9 KB

In this photo when the spider was to nerve of the camera we can see how he very prominent, still the chance bee will note him is very low
Immagine:
276,04 KB

my albums:
Link

Modificato da - PiErGy in Data 05 febbraio 2008 21:26:39

Amir
Utente Senior

Città: Tel-Aviv

Regione: Israel

785 Messaggi
Tutti i Forum

Inserito il - 05 febbraio 2008 : 21:26:45 Mostra Profilo Apri la Finestra di Tassonomia
The follow set is from same time and place
but as u will see this time the spider follow the rules

In this encounter it seem that the bee did not put attention to the spider and from the spider side he did not make any move. maybe because the distance was too far.

Immagine:
187,92 KB

Here the story end deferent since the spider win.
Immagine:
225,49 KB

This case show life is not easy. the spider wait on the right place but bothers all time from small beetles (see corner) that was tried to lay on is body and lags and make him shake his lags trying get rid of them again and again
Immagine:
177,14 KB

my albums:
Link
Torna all'inizio della Pagina
  Discussione Precedente Discussione Discussione Successiva  
 Nuova Discussione
 Versione Stampabile my nm Leggi più tardi
Scorciatoia

Natura Mediterraneo © 2003-2020 Natura Mediterraneo Torna all'inizio della Pagina
Questa pagina è stata generata in 2,34 secondi. TargatoNA.it | Movie BackStage | Snitz Forums 2000

Leps.it | Herp.it | Lynkos.net